Fundraisers and Events
Orenda 2013-2014 Registration
We are now accepting registration for the 2013/2014 year. Full year and Spring athletes will start on April 8, Monday-thursday 4:30 to 7:00 pm; Saturday 9-11am; and Sunday TBA. Please have Cold Water and Contract of Understanding forms filled out and into Corey prior to starting Spring program.
Spring registration will be on May 5 from 1-3pm at the club. The spring afterschool program starts May 6 until June 28 and will run mon-Fri 3pm-4:30 pm with adult supervision for athletes arriving by bus at 2:30. We will also accept summer registrations at this time. Cold Water forms will be required prior to going out on lake and can be found here. For information please contact registrar Paula Veinotte at email@example.com or call 827-4508.
Pennies for Orenda
Instead of letting all those pennies sit in the penny jar, or in your car
cupholders, junk drawers, pockets, etc. and before they all get turned back
into the Bank of Canada, how about donating them to Orenda Canoe Club.
It's simple, it's easy to do and it would help out Orenda alot - 'a little
goes a long way!'
Spring and Summer are just around the corner, and Orenda is purchasing some much needed new boats to add to their old depleting inventory of boats for the growing membership. Any help with funding is always greatly appreciated!
Just drop your bag of pennies off to the Club during any evening practice Monday thru Thursday from 4-6:30pm, or Saturday morning 9-11am, or Sunday afternoon 1-3pm. Or you can give your pennies to any of our volunteer Executive or athletes/members to pass in to the Club.
On behalf of the Orenda Volunteer-Parent Executive and the entire Orenda
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Nationals and CanMas Update
The CKC National Sprint Canoe/Kayak Championships and the Canadian Masters (CanMas) Championships are done for another year, and what an awesome 5 days for Orenda! Perfect weather and great competition; what more could you ask for? How about this: Orenda paddlers were so successful rushing to the finish line in the qualifying heats that we ended up with boats in more than 30 finals! Of those 30+ races Orenda paddlers made it to the podium in 11, and placed 4th in another six! OUTSTANDING!!!!
The list of races, placement, and paddlers is below:
- Junior Women's K4-500m - Silver - Genny Orton, Hannah Forsyth, Akayla Kent, Abigail Hudgins
- Juvenile Men's K2 1000m - Silver - Mitchell Hamilton, Jacob Burnett
- Juvenile Men's K2 500m - Silver - Mitchell Hamilton, Alex Gower
- Juvenile Men's K2 200m - Silver - Mitchell Hamilton, Colin Stredder
- Juvenile Men's C15 500m - Silver - James Borden, Jacob Burnett, Liam Cooke, Ben Firth, Mitchell Firth, Alex Gower, Mitchell Hamilton, Travis Levangie, Tanner MacDonald, Bradley Mayo, Connor McGreggor, Daniel Nussey, Colin Stredder, Nevan Tait
- Senior Women's IC4 500m - Bronze - Genny Orton, Hannah Forsyth, Emily Riddle, Kelsey Cuvelier
- Junior Women's C1 1000m - Bronze - Emily Riddle
- Junior Women's C1 500m - Bronze - Emily Riddle
- Junior Women's C1 200m - Bronze - Emily Riddle
- Open Women's C2 500m - Bronze - Emily Riddle, Kelsey Cuvelier
- Juvenile Women's C15 500m - Bronze - Micaila Abboud, Miranda Feener, Nataley Hartlin, Abigail Hudgins, Akayla Kent, Meaghan Konning, Grace MacKenzie, Jessica Peterson, Erica Rideout, Emily Robicheau, Sarah Robicheau, Sarah Smiley, Julia Veinotte, Samantha Zareski
- Open Women's C2 200m - 4th - Emily Riddle, Kelsey Cuvelier
- Junior Men's K1 200m - 4th - Andrew Gardiner
- Juvenile Men's K4 1000m - 4th - Jacob Burnett, Alex Gower, Mitchell Hamilton, Brad Mayo
- Juvenile Men's C2 500m - 4th - Ben Firth, Connor McGreggor
- Juvenile Men's C2 200m - 4th - Ben Firth, Connor McGreggor
- Junior Women's C15 500m - 4th - Micaila Abboud, Kirsti Burnett, Kelsey Cuvelier, Hannah Forsyth, Abigail Hudgins, Akayla Kent, Meaghan Konning, Genevieve Orton, Helen Orton, Emily Riddle, Erica Rideout, Sarah Smiley, Christina Watkins, Samantha Zareski
For the CanMas Championships there were 10 Orenda paddlers who
competed. Their efforts resulted in medals in five races. These were:
- Women's K4 500m - Bronze - Trinity Frizzell, Holli Burnett, Wanda Firth,& Tracey Gower
- Novice Mixed C15 500m - Silver - Tracey Gower, Laura Campbell, Eric Tait, Holli Burnett, Derek Burnett
- Ladies K1 500m - Silver - Tracey Gower
- Mixed C15 500m - Silver - Trinity Frizzell
- Mixed C2 500m - Bronze - Wanda Firth & Ian Firth
On behalf of everyone at Orenda, I extend my heartfelt congratulations to each and every paddler. Your achievements reflect the effort put forth by you and your coaches, for which you should all be very proud. I know I am.
Orenda Canoe Club
Atom Champs Thank You
Please accept my sincerest gratitude on behalf of ADCKC to you and your Orenda club community for having put on such a successful Atom Champs! You all should be very proud of your accomplishments in making Atom Champs such a positive experience for our youngest paddlers.
All the best,
Vice Flag Atom
As you can read from Jen's comments above she thought the day was a definite success. I agree; Atom Champs was amazing! It was great to see what Orenda can achieve when our full volunteer group steps up to help. There is no doubt in my mind that the Atom Champs would never have succeeded without the help from each and every one of our volunteers.My appreciation for their time and efforts remains heartfelt. Congratulations to all the Orenda Atoms who won ribbons!
Orenda Canoe Club
Orenda holds bottle drives at various times throughout the year which provides a very important source of revenue for upkeep and purchase of new boats and other equipment. We are asking that you focus on the streets in your own area as this was successful in the past and makes it a little easier with busy schedules. Please bring your bottles to the recycle depot in east preston, #7 highway and tell them the bottles are for the Orenda Canoe Club.
Missed one of our bottle drives? You're not too late. Just take your bottles to the Recycle Depot in East Preston and tell them that they are for the Orenda Canoe Club or you can bring them to the club and we will take of them from there!
Thanks for your support! Any questions call Paulette Nussey at 827-4708.